Richard Younger Bio:
Richard Younger obtained undergraduate and Master’s degrees from Auburn University and is a Certified Public Accountant. Richard also holds the Accredited in Business Valuation and Certified in Financial Forensics designations issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is a Certified Valuation Analyst and a Certified Fraud Examiner.
Richard’s practice is substantially devoted to litigation support consulting; specifically related to matters involving commercial damages, lost profits and/or business valuation. He has provided expert witness testimony in state and Federal court, at both deposition and trial.
He has served as an expert witness for business dissolution matters and in divorce matters. Additionally, Richard provides fraud and forensic accounting services regarding fraud investigation situations. While Richard’s practice is largely dedicated to litigation-related consulting, he has extensive financial statement audit experience and is also involved in providing tax preparation and assurance services to both businesses and individuals.
Richard has over sixteen years of public accounting experience and lives in Montgomery with his wife, Larissa, and their sons, Jackson, Carter, and Davis.
Myles Wright CPA, MBA
Controller - Financial Manger
Controller & Accountant
Montgomery Restaurant Partners
Montgomery CPA Associates
- Compile and analyze financial data for three (3) Montgomery restaurants, specifically focused on controlling costs related to food, labor, and expenses.
- Various accounting projects including BP Deepwater Horizon claims. Contractor Licensing compilation, financial statements, bookkeeping, and QuickBooks transactions.
March 2002 – April 2012
- Medical supply distribution center and long-term care pharmacy provider with $55 million sales, average inventory $2.5 million, monthly AR of $4 million and AP $3 million.
- Responsible for all financial, GL, and Business Office management functions including development of monthly/quarterly financial statements, financial forecasts, and budgets supporting $55 million in sales. Provide leadership for all general accounting functions, including AR/AP, account reconciliation, and cash management.
- Managed $9 million in construction budgets; liaison with the contractors, the bankers, and the owners managing draws, vendor payments, and budget expectations.
- Supervisor for all AR Collections and AP Vendor payment processes – reduced DSO from 77 to 44 and improved vendor relationships allowing for improved pricing; initiated Cash Operating Cycle tracking and utilized projections for LOC and cash budgeting.
- Responsible for all sales tax functions in multiple states.
- Responsible for all payroll taxes, W-2 and W-3, 1099s, FUTA & SUTA using EFTPS
- Alabama Quality Award Examiner 2008 and contributor to Level 2 Award Winner.
- Responsible for tracking Inventory par levels and discrepancy variances
- Liaison with outside accounting firms and banking relationships.
- Identified and pursued Tax Abatements and Incentives for a $9 million construction project with the Industrial Development Board and Alabama Dept. of Revenue saving $250k plus initially and potential income tax saving to cover the entire cost of the project.
- Oversaw department software conversion from AS400 based system to a SQL Database
1998 – 2002
Internal Audit – Responsible for compliance auditing in service centers focused on sales and cash processes and identify process improvements. Participated in a wide range of audit topics and special projects including commissions and policyholder distributions. The team developed an audit system for payment processing; I inherited full-time as a process improvement coordinator straddling departmental boundaries. First licensed property & casualty auditor
- National Silver Award winner Risk-Based Integrated Auditing 1999.
- Toastmaster of the Year award Alfa Econchati Toastmaster Club 2001
Other experiences include:
Licensed Landscape Contractor 1992 – 1998
Retail Auto Parts Sales, Assistant Manager, and Inventory Specialist
US Navy Machinist Mate Steam Plant Operations
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting AUM 1992
- Masters of Business Administration – completed 2011, 3.7 GPA
- Active Member of Alabama Society of CPAs and the AICPA